For a while now, I've been thinking about how much time I spend on social media. I have my two blogs, I'm on Facebook and Pinterest.
Recently, I made the decision to limit my time on Facebook using it more as a tool for referencing my blogs, which I have made more of my "media" focus.
Earlier last week, Dave told me that he would be needing to using my laptop this past Sunday while at a friend's house. I took this as a sign that Sunday's should be a day where I am unplugged from all social media, my blogs included.
I'm a Christian, I believe in a God whose love is unfathomable to so many. Sunday's are a day where I spend a good part of my morning and early afternoon worshipping and learning more about this God who loves me while fellowshipping with fellow believers. Even in creation God took the 7th day to rest and commands that we keep the Sabbath holy.
I'm blessed that Dave lets me have an afternoon of rest on Sunday's - he basically does daddy duty while I nap. Usually after my nap I get caught up on the computer. Not yesterday and not anymore on Sunday's.
I am unplugging myself to keep my focus on God and the family He has so graciously given to me. So, if you are looking for a new adventure or cute story, you won't find it on a Sunday. You'll have to wait for Monday when I am plugged back in,

Good choice!
ReplyDelete