Today was a busy day for me. I'm in project mode right now - that is craft project mode. I have 3 weeks including what has passed already of this week to get 2 bulletin boards done, one planned for September and 2 personal projects completed.
I have to say that the majority of the summer has been spent on occupying the kids as crafting has been quiet but that has all changed. I never realized just how much I get done while the kids are in school.
This morning after I did my devotions, workout and breakfast I started doing a few household chores. I have to say I was a little irked that my kids were just sitting glued to the TV (Wii this morning). I know they are on break but I am not and now I'm in crunch mode.
Well this situation led to our August Rules. These rules will help the kids to adjust to what will be expected of them in September. The main things covered were: getting fed, dressed and bed made before anything else; technology time limits; their summer homework pages done before dinner; a set bed time.
The funny thing is that tonight as I was kissing Matt goodnight I told him to sleep in (neither Emily or Matt sleep past 7:30) because we are not headed out for anything tomorrow (mommy has jobs to do). His response was, "so I don't have to get dressed". I told him he did need to get dressed. Funny how he knew what was expected and already was hoping to get out of it. Love that boy!! Drives me nuts, but I love him!!

It worked! How simple! I love the rules. It's good to keep the kids on a schedule even in the summer. Sharon and Ashley are getting Tesla ready for school. I'm going to pray for her pre-K teacher - a lot! Love you all.
ReplyDelete