The kids have been doing educational workbooks during the summer in order to keep them fresh for the upcoming year.
In the morning, I pull their 2 pages for the day, place them on the dining room table and they are to be completed by the end of the day.
Now, Emily has no problem with taking the initiative and doing her pages on her own at some point throughout the day. Matt on the other hand needs to be told several times, "homework".
Today he started his work while I was finishing up some of my garage sale organizing. When I came upstairs from the basement, this is what I found. He was doing math and couldn't find his counters so he used his dominoes, the forks, spoons, my camera, the cup he was drinking from and his pencil pouch to get to the number 60. I'll give him props for creativity.
Oh, by the way, he did put all the things back himself once he completed the math problems.
No comments:
Post a Comment