| Waiting for their wave |
We spent yesterday at the beach in Ocean Grove, NJ.
The day was hot and humid and the sun bright so the beach was packed. This was very different from the last time we were at this beach. I do have to say even though it was filled with people it was still peaceful. This beach is very family friendly and that makes it just nice overall.
The kids (that includes Dave) enjoyed their boogie board time. I loved watching Matt as he was body surfing at one point. It was fun watching him lay back into the oncoming wave and see his body move with its motion. When he came back to me at the blanket, he told me very excitedly that he saw a fish and he thought it was a catfish (I had happened to bring his goggles which allowed him to open his eyes in the water). The kids always get in some time playing in the sand and today it was so cool when the tide went out and so much wet sand became their building ground.
Dave and I at the end of each summer say "we should have gone to the beach more". This year we've gone twice. I know twice doesn't seem like much but for us when the beach is an hour and a half away that is pretty amazing. We remarked when we left that morning how easy it was to get ready and get out of the house. I remember when they were younger how it seemed to take so long to get packed. The kids love the beach now. They both really enjoy being in the water... it was only last summer that Matt was still a little apprehensive about going in the water. This year he was going in past Dave and would have to be told to come in closer. The kids are more responsible too! Yes, we still watch them but they know to be careful and to go to the lifeguard if we can't be found (hasn't happened yet). If the beach was closer, I think we would be there more often. The kids have said they want to move by the beach......they haven't experienced the beach in winter.
Once again, we had an awesome family day!!
| Building their moats |
No comments:
Post a Comment