When God gave us Matt, He gave us a bit of comic relief that we're blessed with each day. Today God via Matt was blessing me often!
Matt is my homebody. He would stay home all day if he could. So, now he and I have a friendly "agreement" that before we begin any errands I tell him how many places are on the agenda. Oh, and I'm not allowed to deviate from that number (I've learned the hard way to pad the number by 2 just in case I decide to make an additional stop). The places on today's list were not "Matt Friendly" - Ulta, Claire's, Michaels, Charming Charlie's and the food store. Mainly girly stuff!!
Ulta was our first stop. Outside the store he asked if this was a girl's store. I told him yes but that I only need to get a few hair products so it would be quick. When I opened the door, his comment was "oh, this is the store with the potions". What are potions? Perfume and cologne. I swear this boy squirted at least 20 sample bottles of "potion" on his little body. When we left the store he said, "I like that store. I have 3 favorite stores, toy stores, furniture stores and potions." I had to laugh! What I thought was going to start off badly went totally in the opposite direction. Believe it or not he actually allowed for us to go into two "unscheduled" stores at the mall one being Old Navy, a clothing store...talk about shocking.
As we were heading to the car, we got on the topic of Paris which led to the topic of romance. Matt said in a very matter of fact voice, "I still don't know what girl I need. Whose a Christian and whose 7?" After I took the huge smile off my face, I told him not to worry God will send the right girl but 7 is not the age to worry about something like this.
After we did a quick trip to Michael's, I promised a treat of frozen yogurt at Cups in Clifton. Sitting outside, eating our yogurt, Matt asked, "What is whiff?" I repeated "whiff?" to him. I knew he was reading it off a store window....then it hit me - WiFi. I told him its said WiFi and that means free Internet access. His response was "oh, cool!"
Like I said God blessed me with my own little comedian and today was an amazing day!
No comments:
Post a Comment