| Reading the Directions |
Emily decided that Friday nights will be her night to cook dinner.
We pulled out one of our favorite family recipes - Mini Meatloaves. Emily first read through the directions, pulled all the items and utensils she would need and then started "cooking". Of course, all was going well until it was time to mix the meat with the "binding" ingredients by hand - that is the old school way. She did give out a "eww" at first but she's a trooper and kept at it.
Emily got the meatloaves in the oven (they take about an hour to cook) and started making her "favorite" baked beans. Basically, they are a doctored pork and bean but she loves them. Now, she can make them all by herself. We all were very satisfied with our dinner. Emily even made sure by asking at dinner if we were enjoying "her" meatloaves.
I'm glad I started this required cooking night with the kids. It is nice that they are learning a basic life skill and we get to spend some time together. Of course, this time together will be especially nice when the busyness of school starts.
Great job Emily!
| Topping the Meatloaves |
![]() |
| Ready for the oven |
![]() |
| Dinner is served |


Great job, Emily! I wish I had been there to try the m eat loaves. You are growing up so very fast! Love you! Grandma Wessel.
ReplyDelete