Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My Kids Amaze Me

Taken in TN
The last week for Emily and Matt has been a little bit of an adjustment. I've really had to focus on getting some crafting projects done - their deadlines are before we leave for our pre-school vacation on August 25th. 
Most of the days from 11a.m. until late in the evening I was "working" and our "breaks" tended to be us having to make a quick trip to a craft store to get something else I needed.
Friday was a day where Emily expressed her displeasure with how much time I was spending working, so I took that afternoon off. Saturday I got back to work while Dave was at work and Sunday was a day off. 
Today, I had to head to the church to put up most of the elements for the "trees" bulletin board. I told the kids yesterday what needed to be done and then gave them a rundown of what was going to happen again today.  We were at the church from 10 - 12:30 and the kids were excellent.  I had them bring plenty of things to do and they kept themselves occupied.  Quietly too!! To add to the craziness, we had to go to another craft store after we left the church so I could get what I needed for the final element required for the board.
I'm just so pleased that the kids were so well behaved and didn't complain.  
In the future when I tell them I have to work on a bulletin board, I think they will understand just how much time and work I put into them (mainly they have been done while they are at school).  Emily calls them "my billboards".  Gotta love that!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment