Today when Emily got home from school I went through her student planner and books just to see what she had to accomplish for the evening. I'm trying to take the reigns off and let her become more personally responsible for getting her work done and quizzes & tests studied for.
I don't know why I looked in her spelling composition book seeing her spelling workbook was also there and the list of words she needed to study were in the workbook. I guess I was just being lead to look at it.
I opened to the page last written on and it was a paragraph which I thought was a bit odd seeing this is where she writes sentences using the spelling words. Then I read the title and I knew why I was lead to open this. Here is what Emily wrote.
Always Put Together
My mom does crafts for people. She makes picture cubes, billboards, and more.
She uses paint, stickers, tape, string, and others. I love my mom's creative work!
When she delivers her work to people, she gets $25! I love the way that
mom is. If you want to get one of my mom's crafts go to Facebook and
put in Always Put Together and she'll make the craft you want.
I cannot tell you how good this made me feel. Crafting is something I enjoy doing! Slowly it is turning into a small business. I've mentioned to the kids when I am working on projects and they have seen the bulletin boards ("billboards") I've created at church and now at their school. Occasionally, when I am on the computer, they might ask what I am doing and most of the time it is blogging on either this blog or my other "crafting" blog Always Put Together. At times, I've wondered what they think of all of this and if they feel it takes time away from them (I've only just put a limit to my "working" hours). Apparently, it is something Emily is proud of.
What I love is her comment about how I get $25 when I deliver my work - that is the cost I charge just for the banners - I'm still trying to figure out how to charge for bulletin boards.
I also love that she has become a major source of advertising for me - "she'll make the craft you want".
All I know is that I was lead to read this. I have been debating on where to take this whole "crafting" adventure for a while now and I have to say this "message" lets me know that my daughter is proud of the work I do and who I am. In my book, that is priceless.

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.
ReplyDelete