Today we returned home from a fun filled 7 day vacation on Lake Wallenpaupack in PA. What a great time!
What made me smile most as I walked in the door? The Keurig coffee maker.
No, seriously!!! This past week I've had to make full pots of coffee each morning. I was brutally reminded that unless I have a pre-packed 12 cup coffee package, I fail at making coffee. Also, the amount I wasted making those prepacked packages just makes me sad. So, I bid a happy "hello" to my Keurig which makes me my perfectly blended one cup of hot coffee several times a day.
Now, I do have to tell you that about 7 miles from our lakeside resort "home away from home" was a Dunkin Donuts but to try and explain or get two kids in the car upon rising to drive and get coffee just wasn't worth the aggrevation.
I did however partake of a cup here and there as I had to pass through the town. Those cups were lovingly sipped ever so slowly to make it last as long as possible.
There was another coffee option about 9 miles away. A small coffee shop called Cocoon. They make excellent lattes - hazelnut, cinnamon and maple spice were sampled personally. Cocoon is an intresting name I know. Well, here is the history. The little building the coffee shop is housed in is outside of an old silk mill that has been converted into shops and offices. Cocoon is where the silk worms were house for the silk mill. What a clever way to pay tribute to the place it once was.
Yes, I'm glad to be home and have my Keurig to provide my daily need for cups of coffee.
Yes, I'm glad to be home and have my Keurig to provide my daily need for cups of coffee.

No comments:
Post a Comment