Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering

Today is a day for remembering what happened 11 years ago. 
I can recall it like it was yesterday. All those unknown moments of wondering where Dave was in the city knowing he took the Path train right into the heart of the towers.  As I type this my recollections of that day make my heart beat faster with the anxiety I felt that day.
Dave was already away from the buildings when the planes hit but I knew the heart of my volunteer fire fighter husband and although he had called to say he was okay it was prior to the towers falling. When I heard of their collapse, I wondered if  he had gone to help and couldn't be at peace until he called me again saying he was still okay and trying to come home. 
Its a day I never want to relive but in the end I was blessed that day, my husband came home so many people did not come home.
When I think of that day, I think of Emily.  Nine months after that awful day she was born.  I think of God's protection. He protected Dave so that he could be a Father to this little girl. 
Today I choose to remember all those who were lost that day, all those who have given their lives in sacrifice to protect my freedom and my God who is the great Protector and who is in control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment