Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Touch of Fall


I was trying to wait until Saturday and the first day of Autumn to start my fall decorating but I just couldn't wait.  
Pinterest has been an excellent source for finding new centerpiece arrangements.  
I purchased this footed pedestal "vase" (one I can use over and over again for other arrangements) and a wide pedestal candle. The candle wasn't the height I was looking for so I did a little "tweaking". Under the candle, I placed two small Styrofoam wreaths bringing it to my preferred height. I then poured in corn kernels which encircled the Styrofoam and also filled the middle of the wreaths just to give the candle more stability.  I placed the candle on top of the corn and then added the acorns (a Hobby Lobby birthday purchase) around it. The candle is from Walmart and it is scented "apple cider" and smells very yummy.
For the sideboard, I used the fall colored hydrangeas I had from last year. I did add the new "falling" orange flowers. In the base of the vase, I used coffee beans to secure the stems in their place.
Right now my dining room smells like coffee and apple cider.  Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment