In my book, summer is officially "over" with the start of school. What does that mean? It is time to get back into the cooking habit which was going so well before our vacation to PA.
Tonight we are having one of our favorites - Italian Mini Meatloaves. I will be honest and say I don't remember where I got this recipe from but I've served it so many time I've claimed it as my own. I'm happy to say that it has been liked by almost everyone who has sampled it.
I wanted to make something quick tonight as my kids are getting home from school a little later and homework was a possibility. What I love about this recipe is that you can prep it earlier in the day and just refrigerate until you are ready to bake them - which is what I did today.
The recipe makes 7 mini meatloaves which feeds this family of four (we usually have 1 and a half loaves left over) so of course, you can adjust it to whatever serving amounts you need.
Here is the recipe:
Italian Mini Meatloaves
1 egg, beaten
1/3 c plain panko bread crumbs (you can use whatever bread crumb you prefer)
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I use freshly grated parm)
1/8 cup finely chopped onion (my son doesn't like "crunchies" so we omit this)
1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 lb. meatloaf mix (beef,veal, pork - of course, you can use whatever meat combo you like, we just prefer the taste of this most of all)
Ketchup, parmesan and Italian seasoning for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine egg, breadcrumbs, milk, parmesan, onion, worcestershire, garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Add meat and mix well (we use our hands - best mixers ever!) Shape into individual meatloaves; place in a large greased shallow baking dish. Spread ketchup over the loaves (I squirt it on the meatloaf tops right from the squeeze bottle) and spread. Sprinkle with parmesan and Italian seasoning. Bake at 350 for 50 - 60 mins.
Enjoy! We did - paired with backed beans and fresh cherry tomatoes.
No comments:
Post a Comment