This past Saturday it was Matt's turn to have his day with Dave so the boys headed to Monster Jam at the arena. Dave has been wanting to take Matt to this for years but either he hears about it after the fact or he is in crazy work mode.
Dave was able to get the pre"event" ticket where you can go down on the arena floor and see the trucks and meet some of the drivers. Dave said that about 10 minutes in Matt just wanted to go sit down which is not unusual for Matt but Dave had him plug along.
They said the show was good but the arena space really limited the amount of "tricks" they could do. Matt didn't say much about it when he first got home but when I was up in my room trying to sleep off a migraine the flood gates of information from the event spewed out as he looked at each page of the program book he got. So, I guess it is safe to say he really enjoy it. Oh, another way I can tell he had a good time is that this morning he told me he wanted to have his birthday party at Monster Jam and the first person on his invite list is his teacher, Mrs. Tronza.
Emily and I spent the day at the mall. She had 2 gift cards that she was able to use.
All in all the kids both had really good "dates".
No comments:
Post a Comment