
Thursday night is the kid's shower/bath night at our house (along with Tuesday and Saturday we don't have them bath just one night a week). Since Dave is back at work, I've made it part of the schedule that after dinner and devotions they start on bath time. Both kids usually want the other to go first so we've opted to flipping a coin. On this particular night Emily chose heads and Matthew tails. Of course prior to the flip, I said that neither one can be upset with what the coin says. Well, it was heads so that meant Matt would go first. Of course, he was still upset, just pouting as we finished up dinner. Emily then said, "Matt I'll go first". I reconfirmed with her that she was going to shower first and she said "yes". This was the result of that proclamation - a giant love fest from her brother. The funny thing is when Emily sat down she asked "mom, is that being generous?" I told her yes that it was and that I was proud of her generosity.
What makes me most happy about this whole "episode" is that I am seeing how Emily is learning to express those unseen beautiful attributes like generosity, compassion and giving. The other thing is just the love my kids have for each other and how Matt thinks Emily is "the best big sister ever."
No comments:
Post a Comment