Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Apples Don't Fall Far From The Tree

Emily has been wanting her room changed around for several weeks.  Sadly, the weekend we had promised to to do so was overshadowed by the recent loss of our good friends young son.

Emily's furniture is a little complicated and to be honest when it was assembled by those who brought it, I didn't watch how it was done.  I really felt in order to change the furniture around I needed Dave's help but sadly he informed me that he would have to work this past Saturday.  Well, I took the matter into my own hands and Friday evening decided to tackle the task by myself. It was frustrating but I figured it out, had Emily lend a hand and boy was she ecstatic that her room was changed exactly the way she wanted it.  Later that night Matt asked when we could do his room. I told him soon.  Little did I know where this would lead.
Saturday while Dave was at work once again Matt asked when we could change his room around.  I told him I would do it next week when he was at school but he told me that he wanted to be able to help so........we changed his room.  I asked him where he wanted his bed and we "created" a sleep and dressing/play area.  
Clearly my "need of change" gene is in both the kids.  To be honest, it made me want to do a little more changing around in the house but I refrained. 



No comments:

Post a Comment