Its been a little over a month that the kids have been attending their new school and so far they have adjusted quite well. Although Emily and Matthew are enjoying their new classmates and teachers, they have expressed that they miss their friends & teachers at Washington School.
On Friday, we received an academic progress report for the kids. I'm happy to report that academically they have adjusted well. Matt and Emily are currently achieving the same grades they were in their previous school. This is a relief considering all the "new" things they have encountered: class size, classmates, teachers, curriculum, etc.
Emily's favorite class is Art - not really surprised, she loves to create. Matt loves Bible and is doing an amazing job in learning cursive. I thought cursive would be a battle as he doesn't really like writing all that much but he has taken to the fluidity of it. He was so excited to learn how to write his name in cursive. One area he has expressed a lot of interest in is music. Matthew wants to play guitar and is interested in learning piano - this is something we are considering as lessons can be given through the school's music conservatory.
Please continue to pray for them as the year continues that they will continue to adjust and enjoy their new school.
I found your website perfect for my needs. It helped me, and I'll certainly install what you recommend. You have something good going here, keep it up!
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord that they have adjusted so well! I'm not surprised that Emily loves art. She has always been into drawing. Great that Matt is interested in music. Take advantage of his bent. We'll continue to pray for them. Love you all!
ReplyDelete