Sunday, December 25, 2011

Party at the School

On Friday, I got to help out with Matthew's school Christmas party, after all I am a class mom for his class! The kids got to create their own Christmas tree out of an upside down ice cream cone, green frosting and plenty of candy for decorations. We even had coconut for snow!! They also made a Christmas tree ornament.
The most "amazing" part of the party is when we went around with a veggie platter of carrots, celery, grape tomatoes and broccoli the most requested vegetable was...........Broccoli! Can you believe it? They ate it too!! I really enjoy being class mom for his class. His teacher is highly organized and we know how much I like that attribute.
We did find out this week that his teacher, Mrs. Tronza, is expecting her first child in late May so Matt will have a substitute teacher for the last month of school. Matthew came home very excited to tell me about the baby to come. We'll have to see how excited he is when he is faced with the fact that she won't be in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment