Thursday, December 22, 2011

It took a "Toad in a Hole"

I never thought I would ever get one of my kids to eat eggs. It isn't for lack of offering or trying to give them a sample of my portion.
Imagine my surprise when just last week I decided to make myself a "Toad in a Hole" (an egg fried in a hole made in a slice of bread) and Matt asked if he could try it. Let me tell you that boy ate half of my breakfast (I was starving by lunch time). What surprised me most was that the part he wanted to eat was the yolk.
Since that first try I have made him "Toad in the Hole" just about every other day and the first part he eats is the yolk.
Oh, I do have to tell you the thing that probably made this meal appealing to him is the slice of cheese I let melt on the top. Hey, he's young with a great metabolism a little cheese won't hurt him. I am just glad he'll eat something more nutritious than a Pop Tart. Score for Mom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment