Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My First Craft Show

This past Saturday was the craft show where I was publicly selling for the first time the photo cubes, frames, letters and words I handcraft. The show was at the kid's school and served as a fundraiser so I was glad to be able to help their school.
In the end, I only sold 2 frames and 1 photo cube. Yes, it was a little disappointing but I know that the "trick" to these craft fairs is having the right market and I didn't feel that this was in my favor. So, I am okay with the outcome. Doing this first show helped me get the "first time" jitters out of the way and it helped me see things I need to do for future shows. Also, I've learned that I need to research and find where my items are the most marketable. That being said, I am thinking of making items available for sale via a Facebook page starting in January (wanting to keep the holidays sane so it is a first of the year "opening").
The best part of the whole event was how much time we spent together as a family. Dave and the kids help me set up. Dave came home for a bit to make some business cards for me and pick up a few things while the kids stayed with me. Then for a few hours in the morning (the show was from 10 -4), Dave took Matt home while Emily stayed with me and a few of her friends. The boys came back around 1 and we spent the rest of the time together. It was so wonderful to have their support for this new venture. Emily was quiet a little salesperson!! She was so proud of the fact that "she made all these beautiful things". Truly she is my biggest fan!!
Thank you for all your prayers and support! I will keep you informed on how this new venture proceeds :)


No comments:

Post a Comment