




So, the morning was a little rough. Emily isn't use to having to wake up and get ready right away. No, I didn't do a trial run week of a new schedule...hard to do when you are on vacation... but there is a whole new night time and morning schedule now. Matt and I went out to wait with Emily for her bus at 7:55. It was suppose to arrive at 8:04. It didn't. We waited, and waited, and waited and finally 2 phone calls and an hour later the bus showed up. I had to keep reassuring Emily that she was still going to school and they didn't forget her during the long wait -that's why the sad face. Any other morning being that late would still have not been welcome but okay, but today I offered to sub at Matt's preschool from 8:15 - 10. Needless to say mommy was very upset with how late the bus came. The driver said it will get better by the end of the week and normal pick up will be by 8:10. I hope so! The afternoon went much smoother. She had a great 1st day. Her teacher said she hugged everyone and was so excited to see them. Emily had even made pictures for her teacher and the 3 aides and attached "present" - things from her room - to each one. It was a great first day in the end. Tonight when Dave gets home we will probably take her to a local ice cream place for a celebratory treat.
Ok, I think Emily needs a name change. From this day forward she is no longer Emily. We shall call her Little Kathy.
ReplyDelete