Monday, September 29, 2008

Revisisting the Past

This picture was taken on March 6, 2006. By this time of her young life, Emily had already given up taking daily naps but for some reason this day just wore her out. It was dinner time and I had made her grilled cheese for dinner (Matt was taking his last nap of the day at the time). When I came in the living room to check on her this is what I found. Our little sleeping beauty. Emily absolutely loved this summer jumper, she wore it all winter long over her shirts. Prior to her falling asleep Emily had been dancing around in her fairy wings and crown so those were still in place when sleep overcame her little body. Of course, she had a tight grip on piggy while taking this little siesta. It was so unusual for Emily to just crash into sleep but this day she did and I took full advantage of two kids sleeping. Ahhh, quiet. Those days seem such a long time ago, especially the nap part. I chose this picture because this weekend after the wedding and reception, when we got back to Grandpa and Grandma Wessel's house around 3:30/4:00 p.m. it was Emily who was the first one to say "I'm sleeping in Grandma's bed, whose sleeping with me?" In case your wondering, it was mommy who napped with Emily. Sleep tight little Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment