
So this morning is a brand new day. The biggest change in our lives is Dave's employer, which is now technically the US government and the American tax payer. It is hard to explain the relief I feel at the moment. I know this is a short term solution but at least there is time to digest and see where God wants us to be, AIG or elsewhere. There is still so much to be figured out and determined in regard to companies within AIG and what will happen to them so we are just taking it one day at a time. If I can sum up my feelings in a way you can understand, the news of the Fed allowing the bridge loan was like a death row inmate getting a stay from the governor. Dramatic but true. I can't tell you how much business news I've watched the last two days. It is funny how when all this started happening with AIG, my mind immediately went back to being a kid and my dad's job being on the line either by a strike or layoffs. The feelings attached to those events were ones I never really thought I would experience again. But as I reflected on that time of our family's life, I also remembered dad always working no matter what it was (tree cutting, house painting, etc.) to make ends meet and that we made it through those times. It was hard but we always got through. It is funny how you don't forget things like that. As I said where this all leads to, we aren't really sure but we have faith in God to show us His direction. So, it is a brand new day.
This picture is actually the morning sky from yesterday. Emily was the first to see it. She came running up the stairs to wake me by say "mom it's fuchsia, come see". It was a beautiful sky made by our Creator who holds all things in His hands.
You're looking at this from the right perspective! Nothing comes into our lives though happenstance.It all comes through the hands of God. He is always in control. We are praying for you.He knows the end from the beginning.
ReplyDelete