
Matt is our homebody. He loves being at home playing on the patio, playing with his trucks, talking to the neighbors, garbage men, etc. and watching the PBS's show "Super Why". So, when it is time to go to school on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, I'm pretty much guaranteed resistance of some sort - "I stay home", "I not go to school" and the ever popular pout accomapnied with the ever annoying moans and groans. Today, was wear your pajamas to school day in support of the leukemia society. Is Matt in pj's? - Nope. We got notice of the event on Wednesday at school and he told me "I not wear my pajamas". On and off I've mentioned it and every time he said "no". I even pulled out the big guns and asked daddy to ask him to wear pajamas - no- not even for his fire truck pajamas was he willing to chamge. We tried the "how about just the shirt". It almost started a melt down when he saw the pajama shirt sitting on top of his sweat pants. So, he went to school in a fire truck shirt and sweats still moaning and groaning about having to go to school. Well, I have some bad news for Mr. Matt . Here in the Lodi school district they just announced that next year 2009-2010 Pre-K 4 will be full time, every day. He thought he didn't want to go to school now. We heard rumblings of this possibly happening that is why we increased Matt's PreK 3 time from 2 days to 3 days this "school year". We know he loves being home, so we want to make this full time transition much easier for him. The nice thing about this full time PreK 4 is we pay for it in our taxes so there is no additional cost to the parent for sending their kid to the program. Keep Matt in mind with all of this...he still wants to be home and has even started not wanting to participate in the "school part" of the day and is always insistent on the "I not do projects". Coloring is not his thing and yet coloring is a big thing in PreK4. Pray that I don't lose my mind either during his terrible 3's time....yeah, two is not the age for this boy, that was heavenly, 3 is his year of belligerence. He is our Matt and we love him like crazy, but we do want him to get out of the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment