
Emily decided to wear her new apple dress to school on Thursday. She asked Dave and I when she came out in her dress and shoes "how do I look" and I told her you are always beautiful but today you are extra special. Dave also agreed and I took this picture just because she was so proud of her outfit. When she got home from school, I pulled out her school binder which includes a journal/note area where the teacher can make remarks regarding the day & we can remark back regarding different events that occur at home. Emily's teacher told us that during school Emily showed her principal Dr. DeFabis her dress and shoes and asked him if she was beautiful today. He told Emily that she is beautiful everyday. Emily reacted by getting somewhat embarrassed, started laughing and saying "oh my goodness". According to her teacher, Emily then asked all the custodians if she was beautiful. I guess at 6 you can ask for compliments and get away with it. She does love being dressed up, is a fanatic about skirts and dresses. Emily is very much a girly girl and we like it that way.
Em looks like she's six going on sixteen.She's growing up too fast.
ReplyDeleteShe is growing up and learning to express her self not only in her speech but in her "style". She chose this dress and these shoes. As a matter of fact, I now have to take her into stores to have her select clothes because she won't wear things if she doesn't like them. The good thing is she still goes by the rules, not too short, no belly showing and mommy and daddy must approve it if there is any saying or words on the item.
ReplyDelete