
Imagine my surprise when Emily came out of her room after school and had changed into a pair of capri jeans. Most of you know Emily is very anti pant, unless they are black stretch pants, and really anti jeans, "too tight". These pants were from last year and a little snug, so I was really shocked that she liked wearing them and continued wearing them through the evening. Seeing Emily opened the door to this new fashion possibility, I took her today to get her some jeans for the fall. She is at that age/body type where you have to take her and try things on to see that they fit right. Emily was quite the little fashion plate in the dressing room. We tried on a few shirts with the jeans and she struck a few poses...all very supermodel like. So, here is to a new area of clothing discovered - jeans.
I know you are all saying it, "she looks like a little Kathy". I totally agree. She is truly my mini me. A little more attitude though - at least that is my opinion. I've definitely passed on my love of handbags/purses and shoes to her (notice the shoes in the picture). Emily also is not without a notebook now in which she complies her "homework" or "research". Yes, it is filled with words, pictures and scribble writing - that sounds familiar. She is alone on liking of jeans though, to this day mommy still is trying to find a pair of jeans she likes. Here's to us exploring more avenues of fashion in the future!
I hate jeans too, but I found two pairs at Eddie Bauer that a very comfortable. I never dry them in the dryer though. I have found that hanging them to air dry keeps them fitting nicely.
ReplyDeletePerhaps Emily is changing her mind about pants because she has observed her classmates don't wear dresses as much?
Quite the fashion plate!
Great pose...model material,HAHA...
ReplyDeleteI finally starting wearing jeans here..Never could find any up north that fit right..I agree with Lo as to not drying them..It does change the fit..
I like the bed cover on Matt's bed..Now I will be able to know what he is talking about when he tells us about his bed cover..
I think part of the jeans aversion is that we didn't really wear them growing up. I do have to say that at the end of last year I did find 2 pair of jeans at Lands End/Sears that I like but jeans are still not my first choice of clothing.
ReplyDelete