Its hard to get "into" decorating for spring when snow is still falling here in northern New Jersey. Last night, we got a light blanket of the white stuff. Thankfully, the temperature today and the sunshine have helped in melting this white blanket.
This afternoon I decided to lay the "foundation" for the spring decorations I will be using in the dining room. My living room decorations are still in the process of being completed, so I haven't started that room yet.
My first task was to "dress" the dining room table.
I found a "runner" roll of burlap fabric at Michaels which I cut to fit the length of the dining room table. In the pedestal vase, I inserted a smaller vase that I will use for spring flowers and put green Spanish moss around the base of the vase. I will be adding another feature to the vase, once I've completed it. You'll just have to stay tuned to see what that element is.
Next, I worked on the side board.
I used more of the burlap "runner" on this unit. The rest of the elements are in the works. Stay tuned!
Finally, I worked on the front window sill.
Several years ago, I purchased a long tin "tray" that I use on this window sill (and sometimes on my dining room table) to display seasonal decorations. This time, I placed some of the green Spanish moss in tray. My plan is for the kids to display their colored Easter eggs on the moss.
My goal is to have the rest of the decorations, minus the Easter eggs, in place by the weekend. Come on back and see how it all looks!!
No comments:
Post a Comment