Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"Remember when we went on our date?"

Last Friday, Emily went to her first school function, movie night. The Kindergarten class was not involved with this activity and Dave was working, so I sent Emily on to her function (which I'll mention in a separate post) and told Matt we were going on a date. He was kind of upset her wasn't going with Emily to movie night, so I guess I played up the date idea quite a bit to take his mind off it.
We headed to Qdoba for tacos (he loves tacos) and to Maggie Moo's for ice cream (similar to Cold Stone). Because our "date" was on April 1st, most of our time was spent playing silly April Fool's jokes on each other while eating. From there we headed to get some coffee (just for me), this is where Matt popped the question. Yes, my little man asked me to marry him. I told him that I couldn't because I am married to daddy, to which he replied "pleeeease marry me." I am relishing this moment as I know that when I least expect it he will be at the age that he'll be walking a far distance ahead of me and asking that I drop him a block from school.
The sweetest part of the night is later as we were in the house, waiting until we had to pick up Emily he came to me and said, "remember when we went on our date?" So, I think we will start a date tradition with each child until they want nothing to do with us or even if we sit in silence. And some day I'll be reminding Matt that the first person he asked to marry him was me.

No comments:

Post a Comment