Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mom, you can help me!

Sundays are a pretty busy and yet relaxing day for me. I have several responsibilities at church and afterwards we head out for lunch. Usually we get back home around 3 p.m. and I'm ready to nap. Thankfully, Dave gives me this time to catch up on lost sleep and get refreshed by doing so. He spends that time doing homework with the kids and then other activities if the weather allows, which today it did. So after doing some Tball practice and a bike ride, it was time for Dave to get our taxes done and review some files from work. Well, Matt had other ideas. He wanted Dave to help him rebuild his LEGO police station. When Dave told him he just could help him right then, Matt headed my way and said "you can help me". He told me I could even bring my computer with me seeing I was on it at the time he made this request. I told him I would come and help without the computer. So, we headed down got the directions and pieces and two hours later we were done. Mind you this only half of the station...there is still a whole jail section, which I didn't know about until the last page of the instructions and got confirmation from Dave that this is correct.
Anyway, we had a great time getting it done and our work got our official approval.
Tonight when I was putting Matt to bed he told me "mom, next we can work on the jail part". I told him maybe tomorrow if we have time after homework. What use to be a daddy and Matt thing has become a mommy and Matt thing, that's what happens during Dave's busy work season.
Oh, and the organizer in me came out when doing this "build". I've decided we need to sort the unused LEGOS into color groups that way when we do a rebuild it won't be so hard to find the right part. How long do you think that sorting would take and last? Too long and not long enough. Still think I may do it though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment