Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Painting.....Check!!












Okay, I won't say I dislike painting, but I really haven't done it in a very long time. Dad did the first "big" paint job we had here in the house - 6 rooms in all. Then, the last painting was done by our friend & contractor, Danny, when we had the issue last spring with the roof lifting & leaking. The last rooms I remember painting were the kitchen, which has been paint twice since then, and Emily's room the pink I just covered with purple. So I've come to the conclusion that although I will paint it is hard for this perfectionist to do it. I think I've looked at her walls at least 6 times checking for missed spots. Finally, I just let go.
Now, comes the absolute fun part....DECORATING!!! It brings back memories of when I would make floor plans and choose colors to go in the room and even the furniture (that is why I hoarded all those catalogs, they were my sample books). I was ecstatic today when I came home from picking the kids up from school and found that the box with her bedspread, sham and letter wall hangings had arrived. I had to reign myself in from putting things back in place and going to the next step.....the paint really should be given time to dry!
I am excited to work on the magnetic wall, I have big plans for it......I won't elaborate, you'll need to just wait and see. I am just hoping it turns out as well as I see it in my mind.
This is by far the most fun I've had in decorating a room.....I think I missed my calling as a decorator but nothing says I can't do a little implementation now.
So, stay tuned for the updates and final reveal of Emily's new little lady room!

No comments:

Post a Comment