For quite a while now, Emily has been wanting to have her room changed. Up until last week, she was willing to just have the furniture moved around & that sufficed but her patience wore out as we have been telling her since winter that we would paint her room and get her new furniture. Emily's room is the only room that hasn't received the "gift" of new furniture.
I was going to hand this project over to someone else, even have them do it while we were away for spring break but I decided to save us the money (mind you not my sanity) and do it myself. I don't mind painting, once I get started, but I dread the prep work. I told Emily last week that this week would be "the week" and she has been reminding me and telling everyone else that I will be painting her room "this week". Last Friday, I got all the supplies and paint. Emily is going purple - enchanted is the paint name. I am painting the one wall with magnetic primer so we can stop the thumbtack pricks in the wall. The accents will be white and black. It is going to be a room that she can keep into her teens. Tonight we are headed to look at and confirm the bed set we've been looking at. So, in a few weeks (not sure when the furniture will be deliverable) she will have a whole new room. Now the question that comes to mind is "what will Matt want done to his room after he sees Emily's?"
No comments:
Post a Comment