Monday, October 6, 2008

Revisisting the Past


It only seems fitting that we commemorate our anniversary by choosing for our "revisiting the past" entry a picture from that moment in time. So, this is not meant to embarrass anyone but commemorate that time of life. Can you guess who these two cute little kids are? If you said Brian and Shellie Papp, you are correct. Just to put this picture in perspective, Brian is a freshman in college and Shellie is a junior in high school. I know, it makes me feel old too. We were so thrilled to have them as a part of our wedding. Although we don't see them often enough, we are thrilled with the young adults they have become. Brian our avid baseball player and fan (sorry about those Cubs) is just sweet, sensitive and quite handsome - don't tell his friends I said that though. When I think of him, I always remember him "playing" basketball with Emily in his driveway. It was such a sweet moment between the oldest cousins of the Papp family line. Then there is Shellie who loves to sing and act and is also just as sweet as she is gorgeous. I remember how she drew chalk pictures on the sidewalk and tried to get Emily to run through the sprinkler and played with her while we were all in NY. Both wonderful kids who have become even better adults. Of course, the only person who isn't in these pictures is Nathan. Nathan is eleven and a great kid. He loves all things about the weather and is also a big Cubs fan (sorry). He took great care of Emily when we visited them in IL: showed her the toads by the house, went in the sprinkler and even had her join him in a swim in the bath tub filled with bubbles - yes, I have pictures to prove it too, sorry Nathan, I promise I won't show your friends. Then most recently he played with her in NY. So, this picture commemorates Brian, Shellie and Nathan - great cousins, great kids. We hope to see you this summer to make more great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment