Monday, October 6, 2008

13 Years Together




It is hard to believe that 13 years ago tonight Dave and I took our vows and became husband and wife. Sometimes it seems like just yesterday and other times I can't remember not being married. We have experienced a lot of things during these 13 years - job changes, traveling (ahh, The Maple Leaf Inn in Vermont), buying a house, having 2 kids - great times and sometimes times of struggle. All in all though we have led a pretty happy life together with our children, family and friends encouraging and helping us along the way. In my younger years, I always thought I would be married by 25 , have 3 kids and a job in the communications field - that wasn't the case. It was only when I became content in my single hood that God decided to hatch a plan in my father and Dave's father's head to try and have us meet. I know it was in God's time that Dave came along and that gives me a confidence that he truly is the one for me. So, instead of being 25 I was 28, instead of 3 kids it was 2 - we had 6 great years as a couple prior to them and are enjoying every minute (almost every minute) with them - and there is no communications job but I had an incredible career at UNIRISC and now have assumed my rightful role as a stay at home mom - the hardest and yet most rewarding job in the whole world. So, thank you dads for setting us up and thank you Dave for loving me as I am, marrying me and creating with me this wonderful life we lead with its ups, downs and inbetweens. I am looking forward to the next 13 years with you.

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY FROM YOUR LOVING PARENTS AND MATCHMAKER. YES, THE YEARS HAVE FLOWN BY. "13"YRS. WOW.
    NICE PICTURES OF BRIAN AND SHELLIE.
    THEY WERE SO CUTE THEN. MANY GOOD MEMORIES COME TO OUR MINDS.
    LOVE YA...HAVE A GREAT DAY
    NANA&PAPA

    ReplyDelete