Saturday, October 25, 2008

How I Eat is Personal







Matt loves to eat....has always been a good eater. I don't think he even went through the "classic" 2 year old hunger strike. Matt is our kid that likes variety (unlike his sister, who I must say is getting better). He likes eating meat (chicken on a stick - satay style -is preferred), apples by the bushels full, pretty much all fruit, loves broccoli and even surprised us last night at the Chinese restaurant by eating fried quid tentacles - it wasn't breaded for disguise purposes. I put it on my plate to expand my culinary horizons took just one bite of the rubbery "treat" and decided it wasn't for me, then there came Matt and pretty much polished it off .
If you ask Matt what doughnut he wants from Dunkin Donuts, he'll say "the messy one". Creme filled and powder covered. At first, I thought he only got the doughnut to drive me crazy with the mess the powdered sugar makes but he really likes it. Why? Because he loves licking the powdered sugar off the dough. The last time he placed his order for the messy doughnut he finally took a bite or two once the powder was removed. The funny part was he got a bite of the creme inside and gave us this "yuk" look. So I guess he'll stick to licking the doughnut from now on.
Now normally something like this would make me a little irritated but he is a great eater and just watching him "lick" his doughnut clean puts a true smile on my face. So Matt, go ahead and keep eating the "messy doughnut". And please keep being a lover of so many foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment