


If you ask Emily "what is mommy's favorite flower", she will tell you "tulips" and she would be right. But my favorite flower of the fall season is always a mum. I love the vibrant colors of the flower: golds, oranges, burnt reds and even the yellow (not so much the purples, just not "fall" to me). So, during the months of October and November I like to place mums on my porch steps to offset the colors of the house and the vibrant red of our Japanese maple tree. The search for the perfect mums is always fun but sometimes unprofitable - I still don't have any on my porch to date. One thing that always comes from our "mum search" is great pictures of the kids checking out the flowers. Matt got very adventurous and went in among the flowers to give them a "smell". He looked like a little worker bee among all the yellow mums. Will I get mums for the porch? You bet I will, it is my mission and tradition.
No comments:
Post a Comment