


One of the fun things the kids did at Grandpa and Grandma Wessel's house was go out on the lake for a boat ride. Both Matt and Emily rode down to the lake with Grandpa in his buggy and met Grandma, Dave and I at the boat. The kids seemed excited, it has been a while since they were out on a boat. We thought that Matt would be the one to want to "drive" the boat but his turn was short lived - his choosing. I guess the boat just didn't move fast enough...or it didn't have enough lights on it like a fire truck, ambulance or other "loud/bright" vehicle. What did surprise us was that Emily was actually the one most interested in driving. We learned that she likes to make very sharp turns with the wheel, so she got plenty of direction from Grandpa on how far she needed to turn the wheel. Once Emily for the gist of that and which direction to turn the wheel, she was good to go. I think in the end she actually drove it twice the second time being out of a small bay and to the dock. Yes, I said dock. Emily, with Grandpa's help, actually brought the boat into dock. Who know maybe the next visit she'll do a full trip around the lake and hopefully Matt will have a little more interest. Maybe they should install a light bar on the boat to make it more enticing. Just a thought.

No comments:
Post a Comment