Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Gift of His Son


Today I went and put up the new bulletin board outside my church's sanctuary.

This is not your "typical" Christmas season/winter themed board which comes as no surprise as I've come to learn that I am not a typical bulletin board creator.
With this year having been an election year and our church doing a "Pray for America" campaign during the election season, I thought it would be appropriate to continue focusing on America and that God is ultimately in control of all things.
Many people are concerned with the condition of America and I felt it was important to bring it back to the One who created us and has everything in His hands.
I made the White House from foam board and used paper/card stock for the elements of the flag. Originally I was going to just put on a title of "Pray for America" and include a verse of how we are to submit to those in authority. Then this past week my son's Bible memory verse for school was Isaiah 9:6: 

For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given and the government shall be upon His shoulders and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor
the mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of peace.
Although I wanted to use the whole verse, I felt it was best to just focus on the portion:
...unto us a Son is given and the government shall be upon His shoulders....

I'm so pleased with the outcome and what I love is that this board makes you think and consider what the message is. For each person, it may mean something different but to me it means that God graciously and mercifully sent His Son and I have a comfort and peace in knowing that in all circumstances God is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment