Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cast Your Vote


This morning I put up this winter themed bulletin board at Emily & Matt's school.
I was asked by Emily's teacher if I would create a board for the month's of December & January. An idea came quickly, as this class LOVES to take polls. I can't tell you how many times upon entering her classroom for pick up I've been asked questions like "should people be allowed to have exotic animals as pets? Should people be allowed to buy extra large sodas?" You get the idea.
Taking the class into consideration, the bulletin board is taking a poll. Each student can cast one vote for the day they think will be the 1st "SCHOOL CLOSED" snow day in the month of January. The students will cast their votes by Christmas break and when they come back the number of votes for each day will be posted on the calendar. Then it is just a waiting game to see when the snow falls. 
When I went to pick the kids up this afternoon, several students had a already cast their votes (even though I had forgotten the pen for the voting notepad that morning during its assembly). One student voted that they wanted the snow day to be the 14 - 18.   Hmmm, so much for one day!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment