Today my plan was to work on the elements needed for another bulletin board but I just wasn't up to the task of making precision cuts on foam board so I switched up my "work" schedule.
Instead I started working on a few Christmas gifts I've been asked to make. While preparing all the items I would need for the gifts, I remembered my conversation the day before with my friend, Debbie, where I mentioned the idea of making a Christmas banner for my home.
It has been over a year that I made my first banner at the request of friend for a party. Who knew that would lead to multiple banners being created. Sadly, I've come to realized that I've never made one for my family or home. It seems silly that I've created banners for other's but not for those who have my heart. Today I rectified this matter!
As a Christian family, we recognize Christmas as the day we celebrate our Savior, Jesus Christ's, birth. Since Emily, our first child, was born, we have been having a birthday cake for Jesus on Christmas night as our dessert and yes, we sing "Happy Birthday" and Emily and Matt interject in "cha, cha, cha" for Jesus as well. As the kid's have gotten older, they look forward to this celebration.
So, the first family/home banner I made says "Happy Birthday Jesus". It is hanging in our dining room where our Christmas tree is. This room is also the main entrance into our home so all who enter our door will see and know that we celebrate the birth of our Savior during the Christmas season.
No comments:
Post a Comment