You would think by now I would be done with decorating for the Christmas holiday but I just seem to be coming up with more decorative projects.
This past week while working on a Christmas present for a good friend I was inspired by the colors and paper I was using. Last year I made a few decorative canvas projects but not for my own personal use. This project helped me rectify that.
I took a small square canvas and painted it with Martha Stewart's chipotle red - love this color. I then adhered a sheet of card stock to the canvas. When I was making the Christmas banner last week, I cut out this wreath and berries using the Joy of the Season Cricut cartridge. The letters are glittered chip board. I took some red gems and adhered them on each berry and did a top and bottom gem border.
I'm so please with the outcome. I think I will make another canvas for the winter/snow season and then there is always valentine's day.
I created another seasonal vignette on the raised hearth of our stone fireplace. I found these candle sticks on sale at Pier One Imports. Three pine cones placed on the pedestals create this scene. The pine cones are cinnamon scented which adds a wonderful element to the room. I'll definitely be using this feature in the winter/snow season just unsure where I will be using it in my home.
Believe it or not, I do have two more Christmas decorating projects in the works. We'll see if they make it out for this year or next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment