I love the idea of the crockpot! Put ingredients inside, plug it in, turn it on and dinner is ready later in the day.
My last crockpot didn't bring me joy. It seemed like every meal I made got done way before the time it was suppose to and if I didn't adjust the cooking time the meal would taste scorched. So much for easy cooking!!
I've seen so many yummy recipes on Pinterest for the crockpot, desire to make my meal time making a little more "easy" but knew this wasn't possible with the machine I had. So, about a month ago I went and purchased this new CrockPot crockpot. I figured why not go with the brand that actually has the name of the machine - I also did get recommendations from fellow crockpot users too!
To date, I have used it twice. As much as I love easy cooking, I love easy clean up and even when I sprayed my old crockpot with cooking spray I always spent a portion of the night scrubbing away at food gunk. I had seen these slow cooker liners advertised and decided to try them. Let me tell you - so worth the cost!!!
The first recipe I made was for Sunday sauce or spaghetti sauce for this Polish Hungarian. I'll write more about that in another post. Last night, I made a meal and it was awesome!! Its called Crockpot Ravioli Casserole and the recipe can be found at Becoming Betty. The outcome was fantastic so I won't complain too much about having to saute the beef first, cook the pasta according to the package. directions or that after cooking for 6 - 7 hours you have to add the last 4 ingredients then cook for an additional 30 mins. I did mention I like easy, right? As I said, the delicious result was worth the extra steps and it is a meal I will definitely make again. Sorry no picture of the food, I wasn't thinking clearly last night.
Enjoy if you make this and let me know what you think.
No comments:
Post a Comment