Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Pain of Learning!


On Thursday after we got home from school, I heard a very loud, upset "oh no" from Emily who was in her room. She came out almost in tears showing me this gaping hole in the bottom of her backpack. Emily asked if I could fix it and I told her honestly that I just couldn't.
There have been times, more than I care to count or admit to out of the premise of abuse, where her backpack has probably weighed more than her. I feel so bad when I see her hunched under the strain of the materials in that bag.....which in the morning usually includes a full lunch bag.
Thankfully, she still had her messenger bag which she had started with at the beginning of the year, but switched to the backpack because of how heavy the bag was all the time.
Lets face it March is really not the time to be looking for a school backpack, so I am hoping that she can make it through these last 4 months with the messenger bag. She is willing to try but I have a feeling I will be lugging that bag from and to the car on a daily basis. Not only will she need a chiropractor to align her, I will too! Oh the pain of learning....who knew it would be so literal.

No comments:

Post a Comment