Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A "Clear" View


Yesterday the weather here in NJ was beautiful so I took advantage of the opportunity to clean all the windows in the house.
Later as I admired my handiwork (and soothed my sore muscles), I thought about what people see when they look through our windows. Hmmm?? How do they see our family, how we interact with each other? Of course, this made me look internally at how I "look" from the outside.
Do people see that I am a child of God? Do I reflect the relationship I have with my God? When I interact with Dave and the kids, do they see my love for them?
God has really been working on my relationship with Him. As I grow closer with Him, I have an even greater desire to show Him through my daily interactions. God has been giving me opportunities to be bold in my faith and I've been doing just that, being bold. I'm sure He has provide opportunities before but I either wasn't listening or was "afraid" to step out.
I've always been ready to "serve" my family but I think it was more out of my obligation as a wife and mother not really in the submissive way God desires. I'm realizing more and more the joys and blessings God provides in the daily in and outs.
I love the saying that "When we put God first, all other things will fall into their proper place." Does it mean things will be easy? Not necessarily BUT if God is first in my life what He is sending is right. It may not be part of my "plan" but it is God's and that is SO MUCH BETTER!!!
I'll leave you with this thought, "What do people see when they look in your windows?"

No comments:

Post a Comment