Thursday, March 8, 2012

Almost Over!!


I told you about what has been keeping me busy during the day time hours but I must elaborate on the night time tasks.
Just before Winter Break, Emily was assigned another book report that had two required study guides along with the actual report. Thankfully we had the two second study guide, which was due Tuesday, done and ready to be turned in by Sunday.
As for the report, we are headed away for the weekend leaving Friday and coming back Sunday, so Emily had to have everything done by tonight - she wasn't to thrilled with the time crunch but it was either getting it done or not go away. Monday was writing the setting and creating the cover and setting picture; Tuesday was the main characters report and Emily wrote out her summary on the book; Wednesday, we reviewed and rewrote the summary (we kept the work simple so she could make it to AWANA); tonight Emily wrote out her book review.
Thankfully her regular homework load has been light this week so we could stay focused. BUT I still have Matt which means helping him with his homework, so you could say I am glad this report is almost over!!
Oh, I failed to mention that Emily got a Social Studies assignment on Monday which requires her to make a 3D model of a building in Lodi - she drew from the options the Town Hall. I know you saying "but it is crafting which is right up your alley" but did I mention it is due March 29th and Emily has to present it to the class. One assignment ends, another begins. Oh 3rd grade you are haunting me so!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment