
Friday was a great day for me. I was able to get my "required" cleaning done early and spent most of the afternoon crafting between packing for our mini family weekend get away.
I'm always trying to make different items. A few months back on a trip to my favorite craft store, Hobby Lobby, I purchased a plain wooden cross. I ended up being very pleased with the outcome. The cross is painted a beautiful chipotle red which coordinated very well with the scrapbook paper that I chose. The paper is actually from a Christmas collection and is called "Figgie pudding". To make it a little "special", I took some garnet gems and placed them on the cross sections of the circles and also some larger gems at the top, bottom and sides.
This is definitely an item that I will continue to make. I may just have a wall dedicated to crafted crosses in my house.

No comments:
Post a Comment