
The kids have been eagerly anticipating the release of the Dr. Seuss Lorax movie.....it has been marketed very well and my kids have taken in every advertisement.
This week at school they had their annual book fair. On Monday, Emily received a pamphlet of the books that would be available for purchase. Matt made sure he perused Emily's as his wasn't sent in his folder that night.
Sure enough, there it was a book "Look for the Lorax". This along with "If You Give a Dog a Donut" were the only books Matt wanted.
On Wednesday, he went down to buy his books but the Lorax book wasn't in yet. So, he brought his money home. At night, I asked him if he still wanted to get it and sure enough he did. Back the envelope went in his backpack.
I got a call midday from a friend working the sale who advised that the book still wasn't in and wanted to make sure that was the only book he was to get. Silly me, I forgot to cross off that he already got the other book.....he did tell them he got it but they wanted to be sure.
Matt came out of school with these little trees he made at school. Oh, this week has been the celebration of Dr. Seuss's birthday too. Of course, the movie is about trees. As he got closer to me, he was all excited he told me he got his book. Of course, I told him no it was coming tomorrow and he corrected me......they did get a shipment in late in the day and my friend, Dawn, made sure he got it.
Dawn called me later that afternoon to tell me that I have a hilarious son. She had told him the day before he would get it today, so when he went to get the book he went straight to her and said "you got my book". She had to tell him "no" assured him he would have it Friday. Dawn said he wasn't happy that the book wasn't in. Later when they did get in, she said the look on his face was priceless when he saw she had it. He was ecstatic. Matt's teacher told her that when he came up from the sale he said "man, they still don't have my book".
Now back the the trees. As we were getting out of the car after school, I told Matt that the "trunks" look like bees - black and yellow. He was quick to show me his book and say "mom that is the color they are suppose to be....see". Sure enough they are black and yellow. I guess he does pay attention to detail.....I know he pays attention to advertisements.
No comments:
Post a Comment