
Matthew loves the new kitchen. What he loves to do most is wash dishes. As a mom, I've tried to be a little more relaxed and let the kids do things around the house that teach them the chores they will some day do on a regular basis (even though it sometimes creates a bigger mess I have to clean up)....and if the kids love doing it why fight it. We did have a casualty during this session - a glass. I was in the dining room and thankfully Matt told me "sorry, its broken" as soon as it happened. I told him don't touch anything and he listened. When I got to the sink, I was so glad he did because the glass had a sharp shard sticking straight up that could have done some serious damage. Do I let him do dishes after that? Sure, but I just make sure there is nothing breakable in the sink before he starts his "job". Oh and by the way the other job he loves to do is was windows and mirrors.
No comments:
Post a Comment