Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Future Careers

This morning on the way to school the kids got on the topic of what we will do when we grow up. It all started when Matt mentioned that he and Victoria (our babysitter) wouldn't be able to go to the park today because it is raining. I reminded him that she hasn't been able to come see him for a while because she is in school and has a lot of tests right now. Then I asked the kids if they knew what she was going to school to become. After many guesses, I told them she is going to school for nursing. Then, they asked me what Juan, her stepson, wanted to be and I told them a history teacher. Then, they asked about her husband, Danny, and I said he works as a contractor fixing peoples houses like ours but he goes to school too to learn new things about building. Emily then chimed in and said she wants to be a dentist (even after all the work done in her mouth) and Matt said he is going to be a firefighter (no surprise there). Then, Emily asked what I was going to be and I said how about I just be your mom and she told me I needed to do something else so I told her I would become a fitness instructor to which she replied "you do love the gym". Matt then said that Dave would be a policeman and I could do the ambulance - he's trying to have our family cover all the emergency service departments. Of course, then the topic went goofy and Emily said that Dave would be a hot dog vendor to which Matt said no he is going to be a policeman, then I somehow got the job of hot dog vendor. It was just a nice moment in the car on the way to school. I love these kind of moments with the kids - it gives you insight on who they are and what they are thinking. Only the future will tell us who becomes what....should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment