Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Friday - Sick Day


Last Friday ended up being a sick day for Emily. She woke up warm and her temp was just under 100. I was debating on whether or not to send her to school. She had a Show & Tell that day which was about your favorite ice cream and I knew the teacher was bringing ice cream as a surprise, so I even told her about it to see her reaction and she said "I am too sick". I decided to keep things as low key as possible so I kept Matt home too. The only thing I had to do that day was pick up the tile for our kitchen remodel. Before we left for that errand, Emily's temp just hit 100. I bought them lunch on the way home and after they ate they played for a little bit. When Emily came to see me, she looked sick -pale with rosy cheeks. I told her, you need to lay down and rest, which of course she wanted to do on my lap. I held her for a while, then put her on the couch to get better rest/sleep. At that time, I took her temp and it was 103. I gave her some Motrin (yes, it was on the recall list but I didn't know about it at the time) and she fell asleep. It was very quiet, too quiet so I checked on Matt and this is how I found him. He had taken his pillow and blanket to the basement and settled in. All in all they slept for about 2 hours...which was great for them and me too. The fever broke in the early evening and the sickness was over just as quick as it came. Looking back, I'm glad she did stay home because I definitely would have been picking her up from school had she gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment