Work, work, work and I am not complaining.
You all know how much I love to craft - creating things for our home and others. I've also enjoyed creating the bulletin boards at my church, kid's school and have had a few small "jobs" on other boards for a few teachers I know personally.
For quite some time, I have been wondering and asking God what He wants me to do with this gift He has given me. I don't mean that in a pious way, I truly want to use what talent He has given to me for Him.
Over a month ago, the main bulletin board I did for the kid's school was seen by a pastor of church here in Bergen county. He commented to a staff member that it was a very well done, professional looking bulletin board. He was told that I did the boards and when I spoke with someone who knew him personally I said that if he was interested in my services I would be open to speaking with him. Well, that meeting happened, a proposal was submitted and I am happy to say that as of the 1st of the year I will be working with that church on their bulletin boards.
All this being said, I have found that my time while the kids are at school is the best time for me to work - it is without interruption and I can focus without concern that I am forgetting or neglecting the family. I've know this fact for quite some time but now that I am getting busier with scheduled tasks I've found the need to put into place some "work" hours for myself. As of today, Monday through Thursday, 10 - 2 is my current work schedule.
Today I found that time to be very successful. I was able to complete the lamp portion and post for the lamp post element to be used in my church's winter themed bulletin board. I also gathered all the materials I will need for its assembly on Thursday. I also cut letters and background for the perpetual calendar at the kid's school.
Another project I got started on is a group of titles for a bulletin board to be used in my friend's technology class. I've had a hard time wrapping my head around how I would work this particular project but today it all became clear. What made it most difficult is that this classroom is where the Ipad I created "lives" so anything I make has to be of the same standard.
In this same time frame, I was able to cut out a few things on my Circut that Matt used in completing his state quarter project due tomorrow.
One thing I do ask is that you please pray that God would go before me and that He will lead me to the projects He wants me to do and that I will have the courage to say "no" when I feel He is telling me not to do something.
Oh and if you need me between 10 and 2, I won't be readily available......got to work!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment