I had made this wall piece to hang our "leaves of thanks" on for the Thanksgiving season. It worked just perfectly for the occasion.
I so enjoyed making the piece and love the look of it that I just didn't have the heart put it away and not use it in some fashion. So, today it got its Christmas trimmings.
During a recent trip to JoAnn Fabrics, I purchased some small ball ornaments (red and green in matte, shiny and glitter). I threaded the ornaments onto the branches.
Not only was I pleased with the outcome but Matt told me "mom, that is really cool" and Dave said, "oh, I really like that". I guess I made the right decision in using it for another holiday season. Next, month snowflakes..... I am going to get the most out of this piece that I can.
I uesd the remaining ornaments to hang by ribbon from the scrolled iron work that hangs over my Christmas mantel. It gives just the right pop of color against the light colored stone of the fireplace.


No comments:
Post a Comment